All students attending Saint Mary's are required to present injection dates of certain immunizations.
Students are expected to be current on these immunizations and provide this information on their health forms prior to the start of their first semester. Failure to provide the appropriate information by the start of the first semester on campus will result in a student being unable to attend classes or register for second semester classes. Requirements are as follows:
Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- First dose at age 12–15 months or later
- Second dose at age 4–6 years or later
- Students born before 1956 are not required to provide MMR dates
Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis
- Primary series (Dtap or DTP) in childhood
- Booster (Td) at age 11 or 12 and every 10 years after
- Students will be expected to come to school with a current date. If a booster is necessary before graduation from college, the student will have the option of receiving one in Student Health for a nominal fee.
- Current Td dates are required regardless of the year of birth
- Primary series in childhood
- Boosters after the age of 18 are currently only recommended for travel to certain parts of the world
Students who, due to personal beliefs, have a conscientious objection to immunization or have a medical reason which prohibits them from obtaining any or all of these vaccines, will not be required to be current. A notarized statement to this effect is required. In the case of a medical exemption, a physician's statement is required. Forms for either situation are available by contacting Student Health at 507-457-1492 or firstname.lastname@example.org.