M.A. in Human Resource Management
Well-trained human resource professionals are incredibly valuable in today’s business environment.
They serve as strategic leaders—working with leadership on issues related to communications, ethics, and budgeting; navigating changes within an organization; acting as a link between management and employees; and ensuring each team member is empowered and best positioned to contribute to a company’s success.
A Master of Arts in Human Resource Management degree from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota prepares graduates for careers as human resource managers, compensation and benefits managers, labor relations managers, and more. As a university that is committed to developing people, helping them to follow their passions, and believing in their full potential, there is no better team to learn from than the human resource experts at Saint Mary’s. You’ll receive training through real-world examples and the preparation you need to succeed on the PHR/SPHR certification exam. And when you graduate, you’ll approach your career with confidence, knowing that the Saint Mary’s curriculum is validated by the Society for Human Resource Management.
From Start to Finish
- You can earn your M.A. in Human Resource Management degree in a little more than two years.
- Applications are accepted for six start times throughout the year.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed application form with the nonrefundable application fee (fee not required for alumni or students seeking readmission or veterans and active military personnel), and
- An official transcript issued to Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota from the institution posting the applicant’s completed bachelor degree and other relevant transcripts documenting program prerequisites and potential transfer credits. (An official transcript is one that is sent to the university by the credit-granting institution. Transcripts from countries other than the U.S. must be evaluated by a university accepted evaluation source, such as World Education Services, Educational Credential Evaluators, Educational Perspectives, or One Earth International Credential Evaluators and be deemed equivalent to accredited U.S. university standards).
A reflective essay which includes the following:
- brief description of the applicant’s background, training, and experience; and
- statement indicating the career goals of the applicant and his or her reasons for seeking admission to the program; and
- description of the areas the applicant considers to be his or her strengths and areas in which the applicant wishes to develop greater strengths and abilities; and
- personal information the applicant wishes to share.
- Two letters of recommendation that verify professional and/or volunteer experience and academic ability; and
- A current résumé listing educational background and work experience.
- Applicants with international transcripts may require an English language proficiency exam (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or MELAB accepted.)
Please Note: Application materials should be sent to the attention of the Office of Admission on the Twin Cities campus.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
Office of Admission
2500 Park Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Connect With Us
James Callinan, M.A.
Director of Admission, SGPP
LaSalle Hall-TC Campus, LSH120
Campus Box: # 28
Learn about tuition and financial aid options to reach your educational goals.
Meet with Saint Mary’s faculty and staff and get your questions answered at an upcoming information session.
Learn more about the convenient doctoral and master’s programs that Saint Mary’s offers to help advance you in your career.