M.A. in Health and Human Services Administration
Health and human services administration is a dynamic, growing field that needs capable, empathetic leaders.
The M.A. in Health and Human Services Administration program prepares graduates for leadership positions in a variety of healthcare or human service settings, such as multi-specialty medical groups, health systems and hospitals, health plans, device manufacturers and pharmaceutical companies, long term care centers, home care and hospice agencies, federally qualified clinics and veterans services, not-for-profit health related agencies and organizations, and more.
From Start to Finish
- You can earn your M.A. in Health and Human Services Administration in as little as two years.
- The program has six start times per year.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed application form with the nonrefundable application fee (fee not required for alumni or students seeking readmission or veterans and active military personnel), and
- An official transcript issued to Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota from the institution posting the applicant’s completed bachelor degree and other relevant transcripts documenting program prerequisites and potential transfer credits. (An official transcript is one that is sent to the university by the credit-granting institution. Transcripts from countries other than the U.S. must be evaluated by a university accepted evaluation source, such as World Education Services, Educational Credential Evaluators, Educational Perspectives, or One Earth International Credential Evaluators and be deemed equivalent to accredited U.S. university standards).
A reflective essay which includes the following:
- brief description of the applicant’s background, training, and experience; and
- statement indicating the career goals of the applicant and his or her reasons for seeking admission to the program; and
- description of the areas the applicant considers to be his or her strengths and areas in which the applicant wishes to develop greater strengths and abilities; and
- personal information the applicant wishes to share.
- Two letters of recommendation that verify professional and/or volunteer experience and academic ability; and
- A current résumé listing educational background and work experience.
- Applicants with international transcripts may require an English language proficiency exam (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or MELAB accepted.)
Please Note: Application materials should be sent to the attention of the Office of Admission on the Twin Cities campus.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
Office of Admission
2500 Park Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Program Accreditation and State Licensure
Minnesota: As of July 24, 2013, the M.A. in Health and Human Services Administration program has been accredited by the Minnesota Board of Examiners for Nursing Home Administrators (MN BENHA) as meeting education requirements for Nursing Home Administrator to prepare students to take the Minnesota Nursing Home Administrators licensing exam in the state of Minnesota. Students who wish to pursue licensure as a Nursing Home Administrator in Minnesota must meet the state’s practicum requirements and pass state and national exams.
Other States: The program has also been designed to allow students to select program completion options, including for-credit practicum options, that may prepare students to meet licensing requirements in their state. It is the responsibility of individual students to verify requirements with their state licensing board and with the National Association of Examiners of Long Term Care Administrators Board (NAB) http://www.nabweb.org/state-licensure-requirements.
Connect With Us
SGPP Admission - Enrollment Counselor Graduate School of Health and Human Services
LaSalle Hall-TC Campus, LSH116
Campus Box: # 28
Learn about tuition and financial aid options to reach your educational goals.
Meet with Saint Mary’s faculty and staff and get your questions answered at an upcoming information session.
Learn more about the convenient doctoral and master’s programs that Saint Mary’s offers to help advance you in your career.