Applying for Financial Aid
Applying for financial aid? Follow our easy four-step guide to applying for financial aid and feel free to come back to use the links below for status updates or to get directly to the documents you may need.
How to Apply for Financial Aid at Saint Mary’s
Degree-seeking students who are enrolled at least half time may be eligible for financial aid.
- Review SAR for incorrect information, missing information, or a request for additional documentation
- Make any corrections to FAFSA as necessary
- If additional documentation is required, submit request to the appropriate office
- Be a fully admitted degree-seeking student at Saint Mary's University of Minnesota (Check your application status)
- Be registered as at least a half-time student; typically defined as six credits at Saint Mary's for Bachelor’s Completion students
- A financial aid award letter will be sent six to eight weeks after the completed FAFSA has been received and the student is fully admitted and registered as at least a half-time student
- The financial aid award letter will state the type and amount of the Federal Direct Loans, grants, and other aid you may borrow
- Complete the Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note
- Return the required paperwork to the appropriate Financial Aid Office