Apply to a Graduate Program
The application process for our graduate certificate, master’s, and doctoral programs at Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is quick and easy with a single common application.
Thank you for choosing to apply to Saint Mary’s University. Based on your program of interest, select one of the application options below.
Apply to one of our on-campus programs, which includes programs offered at various campus, center, and other locations in Minnesota and Wisconsin, as well as blended/hybrid options.
Apply to one of our fully online programs.
- Application Form—Please sign up and complete the online application.
- Application Fee—Pay a $25 nonrefundable application fee. Fee not required for alumni, students seeking readmission, or veterans and active military personnel.
- Official Transcripts—Submit an official transcript issued to Saint Mary's from each undergraduate college or university attended, including an official transcript from the institution posting the applicant's completed bachelor's degree. For entry into a doctoral or specialist program, an official transcript posting the applicant's completed master's degree is required. (Please see the particular program's page for further details regarding requirements.) Transcripts must be sent from the credit-granting institution in their sealed envelope and bearing official markings to our Twin Cities mailing address "Attention: Office of Admission." If the prior credit-granting institution issues electronic transcripts (e-transcripts) those can be received directly from that school to email@example.com via an electronic transcript service. Saint Mary's cannot accept transcripts that have been scanned, faxed, emailed, opened, marked, or damaged in any way. To order your official transcripts, please contact the credit-granting institution directly. If you are submitting foreign transcripts, please visit the International Student Admission page.
- Extra Documents—Graduate programs also require a personal statement, résumé, and professional/academic letter(s) of recommendation. They may additionally require program-specific forms or documents. Please view your program page for specific application information. All documents should be sent to the Office of Admission in the Twin Cities. International students or students with foreign transcripts also need to submit a course-by-course academic credential evaluation and may need to provide evidence of successfully completing a university approved English Language Assessment exam. Please visit International Student Admission for more details.
Not all programs follow this format. Please contact the Office of Admission with any questions about your application process.
- Check Your Application Status—Log in to the self-service portal to check your application status, pay your fee, upload documents, and submit your completed application.
- Connect With Program Staff—Your program may require an enrollment interview. Once all of your application documents have been submitted to the Office of Admission, your file will be sent to the program staff for review. You may be contacted by the program staff to schedule an enrollment interview either by phone or on campus.
For most programs that have rolling admission, applicants should receive an admission decision within two weeks of completing the application requirements.