Admission for Undergraduate Degree-Seeking International Students
International candidates for admission must complete and file all the required application documents listed below.
Admission will be granted as space allows if the materials indicate satisfactory preparation for academic work at the university.
- Application Form—Please complete one of the application forms below (there is no application fee):
- Official Transcripts—Provide original or certified true copies of all high school (secondary school) and any university (post-secondary) grade reports as well as any national standardized test results. If the transcripts are not issued in English, transcripts in the original language and English translations by an official, certified translator must both be sent. Complete academic transcripts uploaded by the student’s high school via the common application will be considered as certified true copies.
Test Score Report—Request that your official test score report be sent directly to Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota. If you have not taken one of these tests, you will need to do so and request the testing organization send us the score report directly:
- TOEFL—Provide the Educational Testing Service (ETS) with Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota’s school code # 6632, OR
- IELTS—Request an original Test Report Form (TRF) from the International English Language Testing System, OR
- SAT—Provide the College Board with Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota’s school code # 6632
- Essay—Submit a 250-word essay on a topic of your choice.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (optional)—Letters may be from school guidance counselors, teachers, or administrators who know you and are able to speak about your qualifications and readiness for study at Saint Mary’s.
First-time Freshman or Transfer From International Colleges/Universities
Fall: July 1 | Spring: November 1
Transfer from U.S. Colleges/Universities
Fall: July 20 | Spring: November 15
Address for sending documents by postal mail if not submitted through the online application process:
700 Terrace Heights #2
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
Winona, MN 55987-1399, USA