Transfer to Saint Mary’s
We have space available for students who are looking for the right fit.
Saint Mary’s University welcomes applications from transfer students throughout the year. We are here to help every step of the way, because we understand transferring can be a difficult decision and often a stressful process. Please read our transfer guidelines and contact Kayla Peterson, Senior Admission Counselor- Transfer Coordinator, with any questions. We will watch for your application.
Transfer Applicant Checklist
- Saint Mary’s University application or Common Application
- Official transcripts from every technical college, community college, and/or university previously attended
- Official high school transcripts (required for students who have completed less than 24 college credits post graduation)
- Official ACT or SAT test scores (optional)
- Letter of recommendation (optional)
Get an On-the-Spot Admission Decision!
Transfer On-The-Spot Decision interviews allow students transferring from another college/university to visit with an admission counselor who will review your application and required documents. Schedule an appointment by registering online. You will receive a decision on-the-spot upon your arrival to campus, pending your submission of the online Saint Mary’s University Application or the Common Application at least three days prior of your appointment. All official required documents listed above in the Transfer Applicant Checklist are necessary in order to receive an admission decision.
Transfer Credit Checklist
- College courses 100 level or above
- Comparable to Saint Mary’s University offerings
- Courses graded C/2.0 or higher
Transfer Student Scholarships
Saint Mary's is proud to support undergraduate students in their academic journeys with financial support. There are several scholarships available exclusively to transfer students.
Connect With Us
Senior Admission Counselor, Transfer Coordinator
Hendrickson Center, HC111
Campus Box: # 2
Serving Southern Minnesota, transfer students, and students applying for PSEO