56

The number of majors SMU offers, many recognized among the nation’s best.

• Brian Dillon
  •  | Business
Cardinal Corner

About Me

October 3, 2011

Hi everyone! My name is Brian, and I am here to give you an inside look of what it is like to go to school at Saint Mary’s. Through my posts, you will be able to see everything that I experience. This will include anything from class work and school activities to intramurals and anything else I do in my free time. As you will soon see, much of the free time is spent playing sports or going to an event around campus or in Winona. I am a senior accounting major, so I will also be able to give you a perspective on what it is like to be a business major and what opportunities accounting provides. I have had many great experiences within the business department so far, and the picture you see on the side is a picture of me advertising for a product I helped create, market, and sell for class.

Something that you will learn throughout my posts is that I am a huge sports fan. Baseball is by far my favorite sport, but basketball and football aren’t far behind. My two favorite teams are the Twins and Red Sox (yeah I know, not much to cheer for this year). I am also on a quest to see all of the Major League Baseball stadiums. So far, I have been to 9 of the 30 stadiums. Outside of playing and watching sports, I like doing anything outdoors. This summer, I went whitewater rafting for the first time, and it was awesome! I also like learning about computers and new technology (I hope I can get one of the iPhone 5’s when they come out). One of my favorite activities to do in my spare time is to joke around and play pranks on my roommates, so those will be some posts to look forward to!