90

Percentage of seniors who rated their SMU experience “good” or “excellent” in recent surveys.

• Andy Bauer
  •  | Music

Blue Angel Season

October 24, 2011

That was the busiest three-day week and weekend I think I have ever had. Classes are in full force and we are entering one of my favorite couple of weeks. Every semester there is a big student ran and performed show that is open to the entire campus. The first semester show is called Blue Angel and is put on by Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, the fraternity I am involved in. This year is the 45th anniversary of the show. The second semester show is called Gaslight and this year is the 50th anniversary of that show. Additionally, Gaslight is put on by the senior class. Blue Angel has been very close to my heart because it is a great opportunity for practice behind a sound board. Each show is about two hours and we have rehearsals the entire week before the show. The show is November 4th and 5th. Also, being a part of an act is simply a blast. It also allows people to perform who you didn’t know were talented musically. I think this is one of my favorite few weeks because it gives me a sense of community here on campus. Everyone is working to put on this one show and everyone wants it to be the best show it could possibly be. This weekend I ran sound for the auditions and was able to solder and repair 16 microphone channels on a snake the fraternity owns. Soldering is a skill that is very necessary in the music technology world as it is one of the easiest ways to repair broken equipment. But all in all it was a great weekend and a great week. I will be sure to update you guys on the progress of Blue Angel and let you guys know what I am up to.