21

SMU fields 21 different intercollegiate teams at the NCAA Division III level.

• Amy Kujak
  •  | Education

CARDINAL PRIDE

October 14, 2011

One phrase that I may use quite frequently in my posts is the term CARDINAL PRIDE. So I thought I would let you know what it meant because it is a phrase that we want to make well known on campus. CARDINAL PRIDE means having pride in Saint Mary’s and everything it stands for. We have a wonderful, beautiful campus that a lot of other schools in the MIAC are jealous of. (I know because I talked to some during an All-MIAC Student Athlete Leadership Conference here at SMU) On the court, I take CARDNIAL PRIDE to mean that when I am on the court performing, I am representing Saint Mary’s and I want to do everything I can to make the school proud. CARDINAL PRIDE does not just apply to athletics. It also applies to theater, music, academics, service, and all of the other aspects of the Saint Mary’s life. CARDINAL PRIDE is picking up a piece of trash in the plaza or holding the door open for someone behind you. It is saying hello to the staff in the cafeteria or our maintenance staff. (Both have some wonderful people) It is going to Convocation and listening to our president, Brother William Mann speak. CARNIDAL PRIDE is everyone at SMU working together for each other.  We are a campus community, not just a university, and CARDINAL PRIDE is what it is all about. I have enjoyed being a part of the SMU community so much (and I am not just saying that. I truly mean it) and I would love for you to be a part of the experience as well.