100

SMU’s located 100 miles southeast of Minneapolis, one of the Midwest’s most exciting cities.

• Andy Bauer
  •  | Music

Family Weekend Shuffle

October 3, 2011

One of the first things to happen every year is family weekend. Family weekend is always very busy. Friday night the Jazz Ensemble performed and then after the reception had some of the Jazz Workshop Combos play in the President’s lounge. Saturday, the Concert Band, Women’s Choir, Concert Choir, and Chamber Singers performed in the Page Theater. This year, I performed in Concert Choir and Chamber Singers. Almost immediately after that show, I had to run over to the common room to run a sound check for the Oldie Moldie All-Stars or more commonly referred to as Oldies. The Oldies are a music group from the brothers of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, the male music fraternity on campus. I sang in the group the previous year, and decided I wanted to mix the group instead of perform. But this weekend was very busy but very enjoyable. To me it reminds me of everything I have done here at school and everything I enjoy doing.