16

Enjoy small class sizes averaging 16 students and a student-faculty ratio of 13:1.

• Amy Kujak
  •  | Education

Getting to know me…Amy!

October 5, 2011

Hey! Well, why don’t I start just by introducing a little about myself first. My name is Amy Kujak and I am a senior year at SMU with an Elementary Education major as well as a member of the volleyball team. I am from River Falls and have two brothers who have helped shaped me as a person. I first started thinking about going into education when I was pretty young. I always enjoyed helping younger cousins and neighbors. What I have really enjoyed about the Saint Mary’s Education Program is how we are able to spend a large quantity of time each semester within the Winona classrooms. So far, I have observed in two Kindergarten classrooms, a second, third, fourth, fifth, and even a high school classroom over the years. I have found this to be extremely valuable because it gives students a wide range of experiences in which to determine which grade level they might like best. Also, I mentioned that I am on the volleyball team here at Saint Mary’s, and I have loved every moment of it. In high school, I played volleyball, basketball and softball, but just decided to focus on volleyball here. We have a wonderful team dynamic, enjoy each other, love competing on the court, and especially love it when we have a lot of the fans in the stands to cheer us on! This last year has been a struggle seeing as how I ended up tearing my ACL, PFL, partially MCL, and BOTH of my meniscuses on September 9th, which was the second week of school. Yikes! So, that has taken me out of the rest of the season, but it will never change the way I feel about the sport. I am also involved with other organizations on campus which I will talk about later!

One of my favorite quotes, and something I have had to keep in the front of my mind the last few weeks is “Life is like photography. We use the negatives to develop.” Enjoy your day!