55

Approximate percentage of students involved in activities through SMU’s campus ministry groups.

• Chris Williams
  •  | Psychology
Soccer Profile Picture

My college decision part 1

October 10, 2011

Choosing the college that you are going to attend is one of the more important decisions of your early life.  For me, the road to that decision was not as easy as I expected it to be.  Going into my senior year I had to debate whether I was going to pursue playing soccer in college or not.  I was completely split on which way to go while applying but it was not long before I decided I would just go to the school that fit me best and then if they had soccer I would try to play also.

Coming from Chicago, I knew I wanted to go away to school so that I could experience a whole different setting and a chance to be independent.  When I started looking at schools, I knew there were not many schools I was interested in in Illinois.  The schools that I did end up looking at were Monmouth, University of Illinois, and Illinois Wesleyan.  I was really not interested in going to any of these schools for various reasons: too small, small dorms, too busy.  Out of state is where I really thought I wanted to go.  This would allow me to be far enough away from home where the person I had to rely on was myself.