97

Percentage of SMU freshmen who choose to live on campus.

• Chris Williams
  •  | Psychology
save

Quite the weekend!

October 3, 2011

This has been quite a weekend.  To start off, Friday was a very long day. I only had one class which I actually enjoy going to because it is just drawing, but the rest of the day felt more like two days.  The soccer team and I had to travel all the way to Moorhead from Winona.  In case you don’t know how far that is, on a good day it takes 6 hours.  Since it was a Friday during rush hour we added another hour and a half to that.  So I sat on a bus for a large part of my waking day sitting on a congested bus to simply get to the hotel and go to bed.  This was not the end of the long day though. When I went to bed I had a killer headache and did not sleep at all that night.

The following day made the trip worth all the hassle.  Let me first give you a little background first.  I have been on the men’s soccer team for four years now.  In the past three years, we have not beat Concordia once. Along with that, last year we were winless in conference.  So after the terrible day on Friday, it was not all that exciting to have to play a game the following day.  The game comes around and we ended up going down 1-0 early in the game.  At this moment I began to think, “Great, here we go again.” Ten minutes later we tied up the game on a goal that hit both posts which was then followed up by another goal 5 minutes later to give us a lead at half 2-1.  In the second half we got another goal and ended up pulling it out for a 3-2 win.  What had been an absolutely terrible trip up to this point had all of a sudden turned into one of the best trips I’ve had with the soccer team in all four years regardless of the long bus ride back to campus.

Moving onto Sunday, having dealt with a long trip the past two days, I now had a lot of homework and football to watch for the day.  I went to La Crosse to watch the Bears beat Carolina and Buffalo Wild Wings with some friends. And now I am back in my room cramming in some homework before I call it a night.  Quite a different weekend from what I was expecting!