56

The number of majors SMU offers, many recognized among the nation’s best.

• Joanna Mills
  •  | Theatre
The Widow Quin is bored too...

The Show is Done…Now What?

October 12, 2011

We just finished putting on a great production of Playboy of the Western World, an Irish folk drama this last weekend. It was so much fun! I played the Widow Quinn which was a tough role, but I think I was able to pull it off decently. :) After a run of four days, we struck the set, props, and lights. With so many people to help out, it only took about an hour to do everything!! (Way to go guys!) Then I had to go home and write a draft of an honors paper. That was not exactly what I had in mind for my first night off of finishing a show. Well, I got it done and took it into peer review today, so now I have a rehearsal free night…yup…just sitting and watching my roommate pretend to do homework while she is really looking at clothes. (hahaha)

The days after a show closes are so weird! I always feel like I should be doing something or else I just want to lay around and be lazy. The problem is, right now the two feelings are combined so I’m sitting around watching tv on my computer and giggling and chattering like a maniac while my roommate tries to ignore me and be “studious” ;) . It’s the week before break, so I don’t have that much to do. I have a few things to work on for a Friday class, but Friday is SOOOO far away.

One of my other housemates just got home and she is helping to contribute to my weirdness like any good person would. :) I know there are things that I COULD do, but there is nothing that I HAVE to do for tomorrow. Perhaps I will work on a little bit, but since nothing is due tomorrow, I won’t push myself too hard. I feel the best thing for me, for at least a day or two, is to rest up and catch up on the sleep I have missed over the last six weeks that were taken up with rehearsals. A little bit of easy work and an early bed sound like the best thing to do to recover from school-rehearsal period.

By the way, Fox’s new show “New Girl” is AMAZING!!! I highly approve. :)