Number of professors across disciplines who work together in our Lasallian Core Traditions Program.
Today there was another informative guest speaker at Saint Mary’s. Will Oberton came to speak to students and the Winona community. He is the current CEO of Fastenal which started right here in Winona. He focused on why the company is successful, and he gave students some advice. Some of his tips included:
1. If you are flexible and open-minded, there are job openings
2. Choose a company first and a job second. It is better to have the worst job at a good company than the best job at a bad company.
3. Have a positive attitude.
4. Take the dirty job when the opportunity arises. Your employer will notice your efforts.
5. Most importantly, have Fun.
These are some of the important points that I took away from the speaker, and I will be sure to use them as I am searching for a job. One of the great things about being in college is have access to CEO’s like this as they speak to the community. It’s even better at a small school like Saint Mary’s and being able to ask them questions.