150

Nearly 150 SMU students from 20 different departments find internships every year.

• Chris Williams
  •  | Psychology
Soccer Profile Picture

The Turkey Break

November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving break was the first time I was able to go home all semester.  Because of soccer I have never had the chance to go home for a weekend.  So I was really looking forward to going home for a weekend to see my friends and family that I have not seen for months.  It’s also always nice to have a break from the dorm life.  While it does have its perks, being able to be with the family for Thanksgiving is always a great experience.  Thanksgiving was a great time because I got to see my cousin’s baby for the second time.

But of course the most important thing about Thanksgiving is the feast at dinner.  I had all the classics I could handle: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberries, green bean casserole, and pecan pie.  Just thinking about all the food I ate is making me full.  The only regret I have is that I did not eat enough…..

The break was spent eating more food the following day also.  There is a hamburger place near my house that I have never tried that has been shown on Dinners, Drive-Ins, and Dives called Paradise Pup.  Their burgers are some of the best that I have had and the fries that come with the burger are awesome.  I got the three layer fries which have Merkt cheddar cheese, sour cream, and bacon all on top of the fries.  Some of the best fries I have ever had.

Now I am back at school, though, and I am looking forward to finishing up the semester.  There are only three weeks left and I have a lot left to do.  Specifically I need to present at the Psychology Symposium this weekend.  The symposium is the major academic gathering for the psychology department and I will be presenting my internship integration.  I look forward to it being over so that I do not have to worry about the work involved anymore.