97

Percentage of SMU freshmen who choose to live on campus.

• Amy Kujak
  •  | Education
CAC Christmas 2011

CAC Christmas Party

December 13, 2011

So one of the organizations I am a part of on campus is called CAC, or the Cardinal Athletic Council. It is comprised of at least two student-athlete representatives from each of the D III collegiate teams on campus. We meet every other week to discuss items that are pertinent to the student-athlete, how we can fix these concerns, and another thing we do is organize fun events for the other student athletes on campus. On Sunday, December 11th, CAC had a Christmas Party. We ordered pizzas and had a gingerbread house making contest. We split our group up into four different tables, and each group used the materials they were given to create their most unique gingerbread house. Instead of using gingerbread, each table got a box of graham crackers, a container of frosting, and some red decorating gel. Simple, yet so much fun. I actually did not participate in making one of the houses, but I was going around to the different groups to see the fantastic houses they were creating. What I really liked about watching people is how much teamwork it took to create and build the houses. I would highly suggest it for a winter team-bonding activity. I attached some pictures of the houses below. It was a great activity and I hope we are able to do something similar in the spring.

“Meeting new people, confidence, self-esteem, time management, discipline, motivation—all these things I learned, whether I knew I was learning [them] or not, through sports.” –  Mia Hamm