80

Approximate percentage of SMU students actively involved in student clubs and organizations.

• Brian Dillon
  •  | Business

Christmas Break

December 28, 2011

This past week all students received their grades for the semester. It turned out that finals went well for me! It’s great to have another semester completed and to be able to enjoy winter break. Winter break this year is from December 21st to January 15th, and I think it’s the perfect amount of time. Saint Mary’s has a shorter break than many schools, but this also allows the second semester to end in the first week of May which works out very well. It gives students an advantage and the ability to start summer jobs early.

There are two main things that are keeping me very busy over break. The first is trying to find a job. There are plenty of applications that I am filling out over break this year. I am also studying for the GMAT which is the entrance exam for graduate school. This is something I am taking in case I want to return to school after a few years on the job. The score I receive is valid for 5 years so it is recommended to take the test sooner rather than later. Visiting friends that are also back from school is also a must to help relax from a lot of hard work this semester!