82

SMU’s part of the Lasallian community dedicated to education and service in 82 countries.

• Andy Bauer
  •  | Music

End Of First Semester

February 8, 2012

What a CRAZY semester. I am sad and glad to see the semester end. It is very bittersweet. I am excited to start new classes but also sad because I really enjoyed the classes. Additionally, the end of the semester means juries for the music department and finals. Juries are always a blast, I think. I like seeing what I have accomplished over the semester musically come to a climax. Additionally, it allows me to have a recap and be able to look back at the semester and see how far I have come.

Finals always scare me. But the important thing is to remember you worked very hard the semester and that there really is nothing to be scared about. If you have done all your work and worked all semester then you have nothing to worry about. It is also nice having study days and being able to just focus on your work and studies. I like the end.

Additionally, this means I get to go home. I am not able to go home often, due to where I live. I love Saint Mary’s but its nice to go home and be with family. Especially for the holidays. I am also thankful to have a long break in which I can do this.

In closing, its been a wonderful semester. I am so glad to be done but still sad. Its bittersweet. A semester flies by and before you know it, the semester is done. Its insane how this progresses and how fast it flies by.