90

Number of student clubs at SMU eager for you to take center stage.

• Amy Kujak
  •  | Education

From the Classroom of Ms. Kujak :)

February 3, 2012

As from my previous posts, I have absolutely loved my student teaching experience so far. Sure, some of the kids are probably giving me my first grey hairs already at the age of 22, but at the end of the days, I still look back and smile. For instance, today I was doing some work on the SmartBoard with ordering fractions on a number line, and I have no clue what I was doing wrong, but all of a sudden the SmartBoard did not do anything I wanted it to! The kids thought it was hilarious, my cooperating teacher thought it was hilarious, and all I could do was just laugh it off. Stuff like that happens all the time. Eventually we got it all sorted out, but they all reminded me of it for the rest of the day!

Tomorrow, our school has a fun night. The 5th and 6th graders are right after school, and the 7th and 8th graders are after. As of now, I am planning on going because I want to get as immersed in the school environment as I can. The pool and gym are open, and they also have a bunch of board games and apparently a DJ as well. My teacher says he usually goes and plays games with kids and enjoys the time.

The people who influence you are people who believe in you. — Henry Drummond