56

The number of majors SMU offers, many recognized among the nation’s best.

• Amy Kujak
  •  | Education

Is it that time already?

March 14, 2012

Yesterday marked a milestone in my four years at SMU – the seniors picked up our graduation caps and gowns. I cannot believe graduation is less than two months away now. It seems as though there is so much to get done before May 12, I don’t know if there will be enough time. Yesterday, the weather in Winona was absolutely gorgeous and it felt as though campus exploded with people. The plaza was packed with people hanging out at the tables, talking with friends, throwing a football around, or just doing homework. Everyone was outside enjoying the beautiful weather. This is possibly my favorite part of Saint Mary’s because you can truly appreciate all SMU has to offer with the gorgeous location and the bluffs. Hopefully if the weather is nice and my knee is up for it, I will have a chance to climb to “the rock”. “The Rock” overlooks the SMU campus in the bluffs and offers a breathtaking view of the area. It can be a strenuous hike depending on the route you take, but the view is worth it. We usually climb it every year as a volleyball team and has been a highlight of mine the last four years. Hiking to “the rock” is something every student has to do at least once.

“Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”