30

SMU awards $30 million in financial aid every year.

• Brian Dillon
  •  | Business

Case Competitions

April 19, 2012

Today was the end of the case competition for my production operations management class. My group presented our report on how a school could improve the operations performance of their football program. It involved things like deciding whether or not to expand the existing stadium, how to improve customer satisfaction, and improving the concession stand performance. As a second round to the competition, we were asked to add anything to “make our case”. Our group decided to create a website that described our consulting firm. I hope it went well!

The spring semester strategic management case competition is also under way. Today is the day that the cases were handed out, and the presentations will be on April 27. Good luck to everyone!

Another fun event was the Minnesota Twins bus trip last Saturday. The student activities group sponsors as bus trip each semester, and this semester it was the game against the Rangers. I didn’t have the chance to go, but I heard it was a lot of fun from my friends.