400

Our stunning, 400-acre campus offers over 8 miles of skiing and hiking trails.

• Brian Dillon
  •  | Business

Finals

May 5, 2012

Today began the stressful time of finals for Saint Mary’s University. Classes wrapped up on Wednesday, and Thursday was a day off. It is really nice to have a study day in between class and the beginning of finals to be able to relax and prepare for tests. The schedule for finals at Saint Mary’s is based on the time of each class, and each class time is assigned a slot over the next four days. Finals take place today, Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday. It is always a relief once Tuesday rolls around! This semester I have a pretty balanced schedule. I have one test on each day, and 2 on Tuesday.

This time of year is always stressful, but there is always room to do something fun to get away from studying for a while. One of those activities for my friends and I is bocce ball. We always play a game that makes it all the way around the entire campus! It was a great way to take a break from the books for a while. A new fundraiser that is taking place this semester is a “plate breaking” fundraiser. Anyone can pay from $0.25 to $1 to smash a plate in a contained area. So far I have seen many students using this fundraiser to take out some of their finals frustrations.