One of the goals of the Office of Student Services is to provide high quality services when assisting eligible student veterans, active servicepersons, dependents, reservists and National Guard members with state and federal education benefit programs. We thank you and your family members for your service to our country!
Saint Mary's is dedicated to providing benefits to help you obtain your degree, including:
- Certifying officials to assist you to obtain your benefits - The VA Certifying Official is a liaison for students and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. The certifying official's main responsibility is to report student enrollment information - term dates and credit loads - to the VA in order for benefit payments to be disbursed.
- Deferred Billing - We understand the length of time it takes to begin accessing your military benefits. Once your benefit paperwork has been filed, your tuition will not be due until the month after the semester ends without any late fees or holds being incurred.
- Generous transfer of credit - Your military training is worth college credit at no additional cost to you. Saint Mary's will accept/transfer in your military training that has been evaluated by the American Council on Education (ACE) recommendation.
- Free transcript evaluation - Bring unofficial copies of any college transcripts and/or military training records. For help accessing military transcripts including AARTS, SMART, and Community College of the Air Force, see the ACE Transfer Guide.
- Waived admission application fee
- Veterans on staff who understand your needs
Students called to active military duty before completing their courses have two options. Read More...
For any questions or concerns, please contact:
VA Certifying Official
Director of Student Services