There are many options at Saint Mary's University for applicants looking for programs that allow them to complete a bachelor degree. As a prospective student, there are several things you should consider as you choose a program to fit your needs.
- Evaluate program options and admission requirements.
- Review transfer credit policies.
- Review tuition and fees.
- If you have any questions, connect with a Transfer Counselor.
- If you are an international student, please visit the International Student section for additional application and admission information.
The application process is quick and easy! Please view your program webpage for specific application and admission information and forms. In order to help you get started, we have listed the basic application process below, though not all programs follow this format. Please contact a Transfer Counselor with any questions about your application process.
- Apply Online
- Pay Application Fee - Payment of nonrefundable application fee. Fee not required for alumni, students seeking readmission, or veterans and active military personnel.
- Provide Official Transcripts - Submit an official transcript issued to Saint Mary's University from each undergraduate college or university attended. Transcripts must be received from the credit-granting institution in a sealed envelope. Saint Mary's cannot accept transcripts that have been previously scanned, faxed, e-mailed, opened, marked, or damaged in any way. To order your official transcripts, please contact the credit-granting institution directly. If you are submitting foreign transcripts, please visit the Admission page in the International Student section.
Next Steps in the Admission Process
You have taken that first step toward furthering your education, your career, and your life. Congratulations!
- Check your Application Status - You should have received an email once you applied giving you a temporary student ID number. You will need your temporary ID number and your 5-digit zip code to check your application status. If you do not have your temporary ID number, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request it. Once you have been accepted, you will no longer have access to the Application Status site.
- Connect with Program Staff - The program you have applied for may require an enrollment interview. Once all of your application documents have been submitted to the Office of Admission your file will be sent to the program staff for review. You may be contacted by the program staff to schedule an enrollment interview either by phone or on campus. The structure of the enrollment interview is different for each program, although transfer credit will be discussed with the program staff during the enrollment interview if applicable.
- Acceptance and Course Registration - If you are accepted into a program you will receive an email notification of acceptance, as well as a paper acceptance packet sent via postal mail. Once you have received your acceptance information you will be able to register for courses online. Please contact the program staff if you have questions regarding course registration. You may view the online course schedule at any time but may only register for courses after you have been accepted into a program.