A consortium agreement is a binding agreement between two colleges/universities which enables you to receive various types of aid from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota while also being enrolled at another school.
The Consortium Agreement also certifies that only one of the two colleges/universities will administer Title IV financial aid for the student.
The Consortium Agreement refers to the two colleges/universities as the “Home Campus” and the “Host Campus”. The “Home Campus” is the school where the student is fully admitted and from which he/she will get a degree. The “Host Campus” is where the student temporarily takes courses, whose credits will be transferred back to his/her “Home Campus”.
Consortium Agreements should be completed no later than 45 days prior to the start of the semester. Extra processing time for financial aid may be needed to ensure funds to be available by semester start date.
- All classes using a consortium agreement must transfer back to Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota and count toward their degree at Saint Mary’s.
- Correspondence and telecommunications classes are unable to be processed through the consortium agreement process.
Steps to complete a Consortium Agreement
- Download the consortium agreement form or pick it up from SMU Central.
- Complete Section I of the consortium agreement. Your signature is required on the form.
- Take the consortium agreement to your Academic Dean or advisor to complete Section II. Signature and listing of classes with credit hours is required on the form.
- Take the consortium agreement to SMU Central, where Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota will complete Section III and send the agreement to the “HOST CAMPUS”.
- “HOST CAMPUS” will complete Section IV of consortium agreement and return it to Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota.
- The completed form must be received by Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota by the first Friday of the consortium term. Partial or incomplete agreements will not be processed.
- Enroll in class or classes at “HOST CAMPUS”.
- Notify Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota of any changes in enrollment.
- Request transcript from “HOST CAMPUS” to be sent to Registrar Office at Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota. Failure to do so may affect your financial aid eligibility.