Applicants may apply for admission at any time during the year. Applicants must have completed a graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution and maintained an overall GPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale. Applicants must demonstrate the language proficiency necessary for successful graduate coursework.
Applicants must submit:
- Application and Fee - Completed online application and nonrefundable $25 application fee. (Fee not required for alumni, students seeking readmission or veterans and active military personnel.)
- Official Transcripts - An official transcript issued to Saint Mary's University from the institution posting the applicant's completed bachelor's degree and other relevant transcripts documenting program prerequisites and potential transfer credits. Transcripts must be received from the credit-granting institution in a sealed envelope. Saint Mary's cannot accept transcripts that have been previously scanned, faxed, e-mailed, opened, marked, or damaged in any way. To order your official transcripts, please contact the credit-granting institution directly. If you are submitting transcripts from countries other than the U.S., please see the international student section below.
- Reflective Essay - A one-two page reflective essay which includes:
- A brief description of the applicant's background, training, and experience
- A statement indicating the career goals of the applicant and his or her reasons for seeking admission to the program
- A description of the area(s) which the applicant considers to be his or her strengths and areas in which the applicant wishes to develop greater strengths and abilities
- Personal information the applicant wishes to share
- Letters of Reference - Three letters of recommendation that verify professional and/or volunteer experience and academic ability
- Résumé - A current résumé listing educational background and work experience
Once all materials are submitted the applicant will be contacted by program staff for a possible enrollment interview.
Letters of reference, resume and personal statement can be sent to email@example.com.
Other application materials can be sent to:
Office of Admission, Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
2500 Park Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55404
If you have questions regarding admissions please contact us at (612) 728-5100 or (866) 437-2788.
Application Criteria for Students with International Transcripts
Additional application information may be required:
- English language proficiency exam (TOEFL, IELTS, or MELAB accepted)
- Course-by-course academic credential evaluation through World Education Services or Educational Credential Evaluators
Please see the International Student section for additional information.
A maximum of six semester credits earned prior to matriculation at the university may be accepted in transfer upon the recommendation of the program director and with the approval of the dean as fulfilling program requirements or as electives.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition and fees can be found here.