As a teacher, you know that the learning experience is enhanced when you are able to integrate your students’ cultures and prior experiences with classroom instruction. New information becomes relevant and meaningful. The Graduate Certificate in Culturally Responsive Teaching provides educators with foundational theory and research - as well as proven, practical strategies to enhance instruction for all learners. Intentional work on awareness, sensitivity, and professional disposition are embedded throughout the program. Curriculum is delivered in a blended model, combining the benefits of face-to-face instruction with the flexibility of online learning.
Work Collaboratively With Your Colleagues
The program is offered through cohorts arranged in partnership with school districts or individual schools. Individuals interested in the program are encouraged to ask their school leaders to work with Saint Mary’s to create a cohort.
What is Culturally Responsive Teaching?
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to be able to do the following:
- Evaluate beliefs that shape, inform, and guide their perspectives and practices.
- Understand and value students’ cultural and educational experiences to inform teaching and learning.
- Integrate the principles of culturally responsive teaching to create an inclusive, safe learning environment.
- Embed the principles of culturally responsive teaching into instructional and assessment plans.
- Identify and evaluate rich, relevant resources to support student learning.
Warning: array_reverse() [function.array-reverse]: The argument should be an array in /httpd/184.108.40.206/www.smumn.edu/html/templates/pb/cache/%%05^054^05458731%%template-pb_list_requirements_63.php.php on line 19
Gainful Employment Information
Effective July 1, 2011, the U.S. Department of Education requires institutions with non-degree programs defined as “Gainful Employment programs” to disclose certain information about these programs.
Cherie Jandrich | firstname.lastname@example.org | (612) 728-5122