Remick Fellows will participate in the K-12 Reading Teacher endorsement program and continue to earn a Master of Arts in Literacy Education.
Responsibilities of Remick Fellows
- Complete the requirements for the Master of Arts in Literacy Education (MLE); and
- Continue to teach in a Catholic school for a minimum of two years after the fellowship award period.
Remick Fellowship Award
In recognition of their pursuit of excellence in teaching in the Catholic schools, Remick Fellows will be supported by receiving $3500 tuition remission for each of the two years of the Master of Arts in Literacy Education Program.
- Meet the requirements for admission to the Master of Arts in Literacy Education (MLE) program at Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota and be accepted into the MLE program.
- Currently teaching in a Catholic school and willing to commit to continue service in a Catholic school for two years following the award period.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, with service to underserved K-12 students highly desirable.
Remick Fellowship candidates must first complete the application process and be accepted into the Saint Mary’s University Master of Arts in Literacy Education program.
By May 15, fellowship candidates should submit the following:
- Completed application form for the Remick Fellowship program;
- Letter from the Saint Mary's University MLE office indicating acceptance into the Master of Arts in Literacy Education program; and
- An essay which:
- Explains your perspective on the benefits and challenges of teaching in Catholic education; and
- Describes how you have supported Catholic education in your life.
Send all application materials to:
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
Attn: Mariann Miller, Remick Fellowship Coordinator
700 Terrace Heights, Box 23
Winona, MN 55987
Applications will be reviewed by members of the Remick Fellowship committee. Fellows will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Consonance of personal qualities with the goals of the Remick Fellows program;
- Merits of past accomplishments and potential for future service to Catholic education; and
- Commitment to Catholic education.
To request an application or for more information about the Remick Fellowship, please contact Mariann Miller at email@example.com, (800) 635-5987, ext. 8736, or (507) 457-8736.