Applications for candidates who wish to study at CTIE are received all year round. The main intake is in the month of August while the second intake will be at the beginning of January each year. All admission policies are based on, and subject to, the policies of Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota and Christ the Teacher Institute for Education.
The applicants for the program should possess a Bachelor of Education degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution of higher learning and maintained a minimum of an overall grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale or Second Class Honors, Upper Division and above.
Applicant must submit:
- A completed CTIE Application Form (contact the CTIE Admission Counselor below for the form);
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the applicant’s recent academic ability and professional experience indicating potential for success as a graduate student and future educational leader and administrator;
- Proof that the candidate has at least two years of classroom teaching experience or school administration experience;
- A current résumé listing educational background and work experience;
- Evidence of ability to study in English at tertiary level;
- A written essay of approximately 300 words outlining the reasons for seeking entrance into the MEd program and how it will enhance the applicant’s professional career and service to society; and
- A letter from a sponsor guaranteeing payment of tuition and other fees.