Remick Fellows are licensed teachers serving in a Catholic school and will complete the Master of Education in Teaching and Learning program.
Responsibilities of Remick Fellows
- Complete the requirements for the Master of Education in Teaching and Learning; and
- Continue to teach in a Catholic school for a minimum of two years after the fellowship award period.
Remick Fellowship Award
In recognition of their pursuit of excellence in teaching in the Catholic schools, Remick Fellows will be supported by receiving $4,000 the first year and $3,000 the second year of the Master of Education in Teaching and Learning program.
- Meet the requirements for admission to the Master of Education program at Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota, and be accepted into the M.Ed. program.
- Currently teach in a Catholic school and commit to continued service in a Catholic school for two years following the award period.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, with service to underserved K–12 students highly desirable.
Remick Fellowship candidates must first complete the application process and be accepted into the Saint Mary’s University Master of Education program.
By May 15, fellowship candidates should submit the following to Saint Mary’s University Reading Literacy office:
- Completed application form for the Remick Fellowship program;
- Letter from the Saint Mary's University M.Ed. office indicating acceptance into the Master of Education in Teaching and Learning; and
- An essay which:
- Explains your perspective on the benefits and challenges of teaching in Catholic education; and
- Describes how you have supported Catholic education in your life.
Applications will be reviewed by members of the Remick Fellowship committee. Recipients must be accepted into the Master of Education program through its usual procedure. Fellows will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Consonance of personal qualities with the goals of the Remick Fellows program;
- Merits of past accomplishments and potential for future service to Catholic education; and
- Commitment to Catholic education.
To request information about the Master of Education in Teaching and Learning or a Remick Fellowship Application for this program, please contact Jana Korder at email@example.com, (800) 273-6075, or (507) 457-6615.