This program has been discontinued and is not accepting applications at this time.
Applicants may apply for admission at any time during the year. Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution and maintained an overall GPA of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale.
If the grade point average upon admission is below 2.75, or if a grade point average is not available, or the language proficiency is not adequate, the applicant may be admitted with provisional status with the approval of the Program Director.
Applicants must submit:
- Application and Fee - A completed application form with the nonrefundable application fee of $25.00 (Check or Money Order only). The fee is waived for Saint Mary's alumni, students seeking readmission, veterans and active military personnel.
- Official Transcripts - An official transcript issued to Saint Mary’s University from each undergraduate college or university attended, including an official transcript from the institution posting the applicant’s completed bachelor’s degree. Transcripts must be received from the credit-granting institution in a sealed envelope. Saint Mary's can not accept transcripts that have been previously scanned, faxed, e-mailed, opened, marked, or damaged in any way. To order your official transcripts, please contact the credit-granting institution directly. If you are submitting transcripts from countries other than the U.S., please see the international student section below.
- Personal Statement - A brief double-spaced typed essay stating your ministerial goals and aspirations, including your motivation for enrolling in the Institute.
- Letters of Recommendation - Two letters of recommendation from:
- a supervisor, pastor, or administrator;
- a colleague.
ALL application materials for should be sent to the attention of IPM at the following address:
Institute In Pastoral Ministries
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
700 Terrace Heights #77
Winona, Minnesota 55987-1399
Fax: (507) 457-1752
Call (800) 635-5987 x 7500 or (507) 457-7500.
Application Criteria for Students with International Transcripts
Additional application information may be required:
- English language proficiency exam (TOEFL, IELTS, or MELAB accepted)
- Course-by-course academic credential evaluation through World Education Services or Educational Credential Evaluators
Please see the International Student section for additional information.
A maximum of six semester credits earned prior to matriculation at the university may be accepted in transfer upon the recommendation of the program director and with the approval of the dean as fulfilling program requirements or as electives.