Published on July 25th, 2013 | by SMUMN0
Conservatory fall semester registration now open
The new fall semester 2013 brochure for the Minnesota Conservatory for the Arts is now available. The MCA offers programming in dance, music, visual art and theatre year-round. Classes, lessons, workshops and camps are offered for youth (beginning at age 3) through adults at the Valéncia Arts Center, located at 1164 West 10th St.
Registrations are now being accepted. Some of the offerings include:
- New art division classes including “Architecture for Kids” and “Drawing 101.”
- Dance programming in ballet, pointe, modern, jazz, hip-hop and tap with new course divisions.
- Private music lessons with talented teaching artists.
- New partner workshops with the Minnesota Marine Art Museum and Great River Shakespeare Festival.
- Advanced training for those serious about dance with an additional ballet V/VI/VII class.
- New adult wellness classes including folk music workshops, “Intro to Guitar,” “Self Portrait Workshop,” and “Belly Dancing for Beginners.”
Class days, times and tuition vary. Financial, need-based scholarships are available. For more information, visit www.mnconservatoryforthearts.org, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, like them on Facebook or call 507-453-5500. Interested students may register online, by mail, or in person at MCA’s Valéncia Arts Center.
This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a Minnesota State Arts Board Operating Support grant, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.