Published on October 18th, 2013 | by SMUMN0
Graduate school’s fall commencement ceremony
On Sunday, Oct. 13, hundreds of adult learners graduated from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota and its Schools of Graduate and Professional Programs, based in the Twin Cities. The annual fall commencement featured three ceremonies held on the university’s Twin Cities campus.
The following graduates were honored with Saint Mary’s Outstanding Final Paper Awards:
- Emmanuel Canaan, B.S., Business
- Anthony Michael Padrnos, Graduate Certificate, Educational Administration – K-12 Principal Ed.S., Educational Administration
- Julie Carol Brown, M.A., Marriage & Family Therapy
- Diana Maria Loaiza Tangarife, M.A., Marriage & Family Therapy
The following additional graduating students provided reflections during one of the ceremonies:
- Christine R. LaMott, B.S., Human Resource Management
- Bryan Volk, M.A./M.B.A., International Business/Customized Track
- Deborah Anne Vanderhall, B.S., Nursing
- Jamaica Leilani DelMar, M.A., Educational Leadership
- Taiwo Akintola Akinsanya, M.A., Health & Human Services Administration
- Leonard Henry Moeller, M.A., Marriage & Family Therapy
Also on Sunday, a Distinguished Alumnus Award was presented to Minneapolis Police Chief Janee Harteau ’03, M’06.
The commencement ceremonies were held in the Saint Mary’s University Center on Park Avenue in Minneapolis.
Saint Mary’s University was founded 100 years ago, in 1912, and has been offering graduate and professional programs in the Twin Cities and elsewhere for nearly 30 years. About 60 programs are offered in the Schools of Education, Business and Technology, and Health and Human Services. With 4,300 students enrolled, Saint Mary’s is the second largest private graduate school in the state.