Published on November 11th, 2013 | by Stacia Vogel0
Information session held for Health and Human Services programs in Mpls
It was an informal gathering where attendees met with program directors, current students and graduates to learn about the current job market and what can be done with the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology (new offering this winter in Minneapolis; an ideal start for anyone interested in the mental and behavioral health field)
- M.A. in Counseling and Psychological Services
- M.A. in Health and Human Services Administration (with a specialized track to become a nursing home or long-term care administrator)
- M.A. in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Post Bachelor’s Graduate Certificate in Addiction Studies
- Post Master’s Graduate Certificate in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Psy.D. in Counseling Psychology
Current students and alumni from Saint Mary’s University’s highly regarded Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy programs will be on hand to discuss their experiences.
Saint Mary’s provides person-centered, evening, accelerated learning that is taught by caring faculty who are practitioners in their fields. Students also rave about the flexible schedule and reasonable tuition, which make it possible for them to achieve their personal and professional goals while working full time and still having time for family and friends. Partnerships with numerous community and technical colleges enable hassle-free credit transfers for bachelor completion program applicants.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota awakens, nurtures, and empowers learners to ethical lives of service and leadership. A private Lasallian Catholic institution, Saint Mary’s offers comprehensive undergraduate and graduate programs. About 1,200 students are enrolled in the residential undergraduate college in Winona, established in 1912. Approximately 4,000 students are enrolled in the schools of graduate and professional programs, which offers master’s and doctoral degrees, as well as bachelor’s degree completion, certificate, and specialist programs. The university delivers education to adults through campuses in Winona, Minneapolis, and Nairobi, Kenya; centers in Rochester, Apple Valley and Oakdale; and at numerous other locations including Wisconsin, Jamaica, and fully online. Saint Mary’s is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association.