Published on November 13th, 2013 | by Stacia Vogel0
Registration open for January courses, new programs being offered
Registration is now open for the next term for Saint Mary’s University and its Schools of Graduate and Professional Programs, which begins Jan. 6, 2014. Saint Mary’s is continually adding new programs to keep up with the demands of working adults and society’s needs. The new programs for the Spring term 2014 at Saint Mary’s Twin Cities Campus includes the following.
Bachelor of Science Completion Programs:
- The B.S. in Psychology is new to Minneapolis, but not new to the University. This program is an ideal entry-point into Saint Mary’s well-known advanced degree programs in counseling psychology or marriage and family therapy.
- The B.S. in Business Administration is adding 6 new specializations — Management, Security Management, Operations and Technology Management, Biomedical Technology Management, Legal Administration, and Sustainable Resource Management.
- The B.S. in Police Science is adding 3 new tracks — Management, Security Management, and Forensic Investigations.
Graduate Certification Programs:
- Culturally Responsive Teaching (CRT) is being offered for the first time on the University’s Twin Cities Campus in Minneapolis after successful cohorts in several school districts. This unique program prepares preschool through high school teachers to inclusively integrate students’ cultures and prior experiences into classroom instruction.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) is a new program that qualifies individuals for K-12 ESL teacher licensure in Minnesota, which prepares graduates to meet the English language and literacy needs of K-12 students for whom English is not their native language.
- The school’s Master of Arts in Educational Leadership is being added in a fully online format. The new online M.A. in Educational Leadership is one of the University’s innovative fully online programs, which utilizes iPads and other technology to bring the University’s traditional yet transformational in-the-classroom programs to learners who want even more flexibility and convenience.
- The Master of Arts in Health and Human Services Administration is also being offered in a fully online format. The M.A. in Health and Human Services Administration prepares people for leadership in the healthcare and human services industry, including preparation for licensure as a Long Term Care Administrator in Minnesota.
For more information or to apply for any of the above programs, contact Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota and its Schools of Graduate and Professional Programs’ Office of Admission via email email@example.com, call 612-728-5100, or apply online.
Saint Mary’s provides person-centered, evening, accelerated learning that is taught by caring faculty who are practitioners in their fields. Students also rave about the flexible schedule and reasonable tuition, which make it possible for them to achieve their personal and professional goals while working full time and still having time for family and friends. Partnerships with numerous community and technical colleges enable hassle-free credit transfers for bachelor completion program applicants.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota awakens, nurtures, and empowers learners to ethical lives of service and leadership. A private Lasallian Catholic institution, Saint Mary’s offers comprehensive undergraduate and graduate programs. About 1,200 students are enrolled in the residential undergraduate college in Winona, established in 1912. Approximately 4,000 students are enrolled in the schools of graduate and professional programs, which offers master’s and doctoral degrees, as well as bachelor’s degree completion, certificate, and specialist programs. The university delivers education to adults through campuses in Winona, Minneapolis, and Nairobi, Kenya; centers in Rochester, Apple Valley and Oakdale; and at numerous other locations including Wisconsin, Jamaica, and fully online. Saint Mary’s is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association.