Published on March 3rd, 2014 | by SMUMN0
Chamber Singers to perform in the Twin Cities, California
The Chamber Singers will perform in Minneapolis and Columbia Heights, Minn., and in California as part of their 2014 concert tour.
The 26-voice select ensemble is directed by Dr. Patrick O’Shea. Tour performances will include the following liturgies and concerts:
- Basilica of Saint Mary, Minneapolis, Saturday, March 1, Mass 5 p.m.
- Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, Columbia Heights, Minn., Sunday, March 2, Mass 10 a.m., Concert 3 p.m.
- San Antonio Winery, Los Angeles, Tuesday, March 4, 7 p.m. (alumni event)
- Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church, El Cajon, Calif., Wednesday, March 5, Vespers 7 p.m.
- St. Joseph Cathedral, San Diego, Calif., Saturday, March 8, Mass 5:15 p.m.
- Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church, El Cajon, Calif., Sunday, March 9, Mass 11 a.m., Concert 1:30 p.m.
All concerts are free and open to the public and guests are, of course, welcome at the various liturgies. Repertoire will include a cappella works by Howells, Brahms, Arcadelt, Alice Parker and Moses Hogan.
Upon their return, the Chamber Singers will present a free “Homecoming Concert” at the Chapel of Saint Mary of the Angels, 7th and Vila streets, at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, March 13.
For more information, call (507) 457-1598.