Published on May 19th, 2014 | by Alex Conover0
June 1 marks commencement for adult learners
MINNEAPOLIS — More than 300 adult learners will graduate from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota and its Schools of Graduate and Professional Programs on Sunday, June 1 during Commencement Convocation, with three separate ceremonies at 11 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
The ceremonies, held in the Saint Mary’s University Center on Park Avenue in Minneapolis, will feature three graduates who have been invited to provide reflections as part of the ceremony. Another seven graduating students will be honored with Saint Mary’s Outstanding Final Paper Awards.
The following graduating students will speak:
- Kathleen Marie Korndoerfer, M.A., Counseling and Psychological Services
- Yue Xu, M.A., Health and Human Services Administration
- Timothy John Gossen, Ed.D., Leadership
The following graduates will be honored with Outstanding Final Paper Awards:
- Barbara J. Guy, M.A., Marriage and Family Therapy
- Amanda Hope Qunli Gu, M.S., Nurse Anesthesia
- Jeremy Delane Johnson, M.S., Nurse Anesthesia
- Trudy Helen Horlacher, M.A., Education-Wisconsin
- Heidi Joanne Carstensen, B.S., Business Administration
- Joseph Michael Dick, M.S., Geographic Information Science
- Matthew Scott Dick, M.S., Geographic Information Science
About Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota awakens, nurtures, and empowers learners to ethical lives of service and leadership. A private Lasallian Catholic institution, Saint Mary’s offers comprehensive undergraduate and graduate programs. About 1,200 students are enrolled in the residential undergraduate college in Winona, established in 1912. Approximately 4,000 students are enrolled in the schools of graduate and professional programs, which offers master’s and doctoral degrees, as well as bachelor’s degree completion, certificate, and specialist programs. The university delivers education to adults through campuses in Winona, Minneapolis, and Nairobi, Kenya; centers in Apple Valley, Rochester, and Oakdale; and at numerous other locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Jamaica. Saint Mary’s is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association.