Admission Bookstores Careers @ SMU Commencement Ceremonies Degrees & Programs Faculty/Staff Directory Giving Opportunities Institutes & Affiliates Library - Twin Cities Library - Winona News & Communication Offices & Services Performing & Fine Arts President's Office Student Services - Twin Cities Transcripts Military & Veterans Services Writing Center - Twin Cities
Inside Pages WebTools WebMail Blackboard IT Helpdesk

Health Forms & Physicals

Health Forms

All new, transfer and readmit students are expected to complete page one and the front flap of the health form. Please be sure to complete all of the information requested and submit a copy of your health insurance card (please refer to the health insurance policy for more details).

Need another health form?

While our office is closed during the summer, messages will be picked up once a week. You may call (507) 457-1492 and request a new form be mailed to you. You may also contact the Office of Admission at (507) 457-1700 and request a form be sent to you.


Saint Mary's University does not require that all students have a physical. Physicals are required under the following conditions.

Who needs a physical?

  • Athletes
    • Any student anticipating in Inter-collegiate athletics must have undergone a recent (within three months) physical exam prior to the beginning of his/her season.
    • Your health care provider should complete page two of the health form.  This form should be turned into the Student Health Office.  Please DO NOT turn the form into your coach, the trainer or anyone else on campus.  Doing so could result in you being unable to start your sport.
  • Chronic Health Problems
    • Any student with a chronic health problems such as asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, mental health conditions, or physical disabilities, etc. are expected to have a physical within three to six months prior to the start of his/her first semester at Saint Mary’s.  In addition, the physician should supply additional information regarding treatment, medication or other special needs as is warranted for continued care while at school.
  • Other
    • The university may request a student complete a physical or provide appropriate medical documentation in the event of concern about a stated or suspected health condition.

Where to obtain a physical

Ideally your physical should be completed by your primary provider. For these purposes a primary provider is limited to a medical doctor, nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant. In the event this is not possible, Student Health Services will be happy to assist the student in obtaining an appointment in Winona. Any costs incurred related to obtaining a physical, are the responsibility of the student.