Open to First-year Men and Women
Known affectionately as Ed’s, this hall houses approximately 100 students in double rooms, with one men’s floor and one women’s floor.
Originally named for Bishop Edward Fitzgerald, bishop of Winona during the 1950s, Ed's is conveniently located next to Michael H. Toner Student Center and the main dining facility on campus. This hall is substance-free, and for the safety of its residents, is locked 24 hours a day.
Common Areas Included in Ed’s
- Sun room
- Main lounge
- 4 computer pods with 2 printers
- Study area
- Coinless laundry facilities included in room and board
- Community kitchen with a stove, oven, microwave, and refrigerator
- Traditional, single-sex community bathrooms and shower areas located in each wing
Rooms are approximately 11’ x 16’.
First-floor rooms have tile floors and second floor rooms have carpet.
- 2 beds with extra-long mattresses
- 2 wardrobes with built-in dressers
- A sink, with vanity underneath and medicine cabinet above
- 2 built-in desks
- 2 desk chairs
Cable and internet hookup (including access to the Saint Mary’s wireless network)