The Career Services and Internships Office offers programs, activities and individual appointments to assist students in developing a general perspective of life/work planning, as well as evaluating and effectively implementing specific job search strategies.
Some of the many services and resources available through Career Services and Internships are:
- self-assessment tools to assist with choosing a major and developing career plans
- information on specific careers and employers
- resume, cover letter and interviewing workshops and information handouts
- career and job fairs
- opportunities to meet and network with SMU alumni
- listings for full-/part-time employment and summer jobs
- graduate school information
- professional school information
- individual appointments
The Internship and Field Exploration Programs at SMU provide students an opportunity to participate in carefully designed work experiences to explore personal aptitudes, abilities, and interests in relation to their career choice. These experiences offer a new forum for applying theories and concepts learned in the classroom as well as professional and personal development.
Students are encouraged to visit our office early in their college career to develop the most effective career path.