A reference page is a list of professional acquaintances that are willing to talk with prospective employers about you and your abilities.
GUIDELINES FOR CREATING A REFERENCE PAGE
- Always print your references on a separate sheet.
- Listing three references is standard; listing an additional two is helpful.
- Start your reference sheet by duplicating the heading from your resume – name, address, phone, and email.
- Type the word "REFERENCES" centered under your heading.
- Type the name, title, address, phone number, and email address for each reference, either centered or aligned with the left hand margin. Be sure to ask each person's permission beforehand. Use the person’s work contact information unless he/she indicates otherwise.
- Use professional references (i.e. faculty, supervisors, academic advisors, etc.) rather then personal references (i.e. a friend's parent, uncle, mom).
SAMPLE REFERENCE PAGE