The Ek Family Village is a series of single-story, two-bedroom apartments. Four same-sex students share each apartment, and a total of 134 students reside there. The “Old Village" is situated among the trees on a portion of Saint Mary’s located across Highway 14, and this area is connected to the main campus by a safe footbridge. To live here, you must be of junior status or 21 years of age. The Old Village enables students to experience apartment living while maintaining the benefits of living on campus.
NOTE: Certain apartments to be temporarily closed for the 2012-13 academic year.
Common areas included in Ek Family Village
One laundry room with four washers and four dryers ($0.75/load wash, $0.50/load dry), as well as access to Watters Hall, where more laundry facilities and a shared computer lab are located.
Residents of each apartment share one private bathroom.
Each complex is furnished with window blinds, fluorescent lighting and carpet.
- moveable beds with extra-long mattresses
- moveable dressers
- desks and desk chairs
- couch and arm chair for living room
- coffee table, end table, table lamp and floor lamp (in most villages) for living room
- cable and internet hook-up (including access to the SMU wireless network)
- kitchen appliances: full size refrigerators and stoves