Gilmore Creek is one of Saint Mary’s non-traditional co-ed halls and is nestled close to its namesake, Gilmore Creek. Gilmore’s “lodge-type” lounge, with large windows, high ceilings and a stone fireplace, is a popular gathering place for the approximately 60 sophomores housed there. The double rooms are “suite-style” with a connecting bathroom and shower that are shared by four students of the same sex (in addition to choosing a roommate, it is possible to choose who to share a bathroom with).
Common areas included in Gilmore
- two large lounges
- computer room with two computers and a printer
- two study rooms
- laundry room with four washers and five dryers ($0.75/load wash, $0.50/load dry)
- community kitchen with a stove, oven, microwave and refrigerator
Rooms are approximately 11’ x 14’ and furnished with window blinds, fluorescent lighting and carpet.
- 2 moveable beds with extra-long mattresses
- 2 built-in wardrobes and dressers
- 2 closets with adjacent clothing rod
- 2 built-in desks
- 2 desk chairs
- shared bathroom with double sink and private toilet and shower
- cable and internet hook-up (including access to the SMU wireless network)