Hillside Hall was built overlooking Gilmore Creek and the surrounding bluffs. This four-story building houses 100 sophomore though senior students, with the basement, first and second floors open to sophomores. The hall’s third floor offers a substance-free option open to sophomores through seniors. Hillside is designed in a corridor style, with spacious double rooms, each of which has a private bathroom and shower. Hillside also features four classrooms with updated technical equipment.
Common areas included in Hillside
- two large lounges
- computer room with two computers and a printer
- four classrooms
- two laundry rooms with three washers and dryers ($0.75/load wash, $0.50/load dry)
- three small kitchens with stoves, ovens, microwaves and refrigerators
Rooms are approximately 15.5’ x 20’ and furnished with window blinds, fluorescent lighting, carpet, and air conditioning.
- 2 moveable beds with extra-long mattresses
- built-in wardrobes and dressers
- built-in desks
- desk chairs
- private bathroom with shower
- cable and internet hook-up (including access the SMU wireless network)