The newest residence hall on SMU’s campus, Brother Leopold Hall honors Brother Leopold Julian Dodd, the first Christian Brother president of Saint Mary's. Overlooking Gilmore Creek and the surrounding bluffs, this four-story building houses 139 sophomore though senior students, in apartment-style and suite-style housing. Rooms are designed in a corridor style, with spacious single, double, triple and quad rooms, each of which has a private bathroom and shower.
Common areas included in Brother Leopold Hall:
- three large lounges with computers and a printer
- two laundry rooms ($0.75/load wash, $0.50/load dry)
- moveable beds with extra-long mattresses, wardrobes, dressers, desks, and chairs
- private bathroom with shower
- cable and internet hook-up (including access to the SMU wireless network)
3 types of rooms
- Apartment: Includes a kitchen, bathroom, and shower. Number of bedrooms varies. Some apartments have individual bedrooms where each person has their own. Some have 2 double bedrooms for 4 people to share (like the villages). Others are a combination of a double bedroom for 2 people and 2 individual bedrooms.
- Double-Occupancy Suite (DOS): 4 students in 2 double bedrooms with a private bathroom and shower. Similar style to Gilmore Creek.
- Single-Occupancy Suite (SOS): 2 students in 2 individual bedrooms with a private bathroom and shower.
Room types, number and years
- Apartments / 14 / junior & senior
- Double-Occupancy Singles / 13 / sophomore
- Single-Occupancy Singles / 16 / junior & senior