Saint Benilde Hall is a two-story hall named in honor of Christian Brother Saint Benilde. Approximately 116 first-year men call Saint Benilde home, living in double rooms. It is conveniently located near Gostomski Fieldhouse, the SMU Ice Arena and the Toner Student Center. During the summer of 2006, Saint Benilde received a major renovation, with new windows, an updated fire alarm and sprinkler system, and new furniture. This hall is substance-free, and for the safety of its residents, is locked 24 hours.
Common areas included in Benilde
- main lounge, complete with 50” flat-screen TV
- computer pod with two computers and a printer
- study area
- laundry room with five washers and six dryers ($0.75/load wash, $0.50/load dry)
- community kitchen with a stove, oven, microwave and refrigerator
- game room
- traditional community bathrooms and shower areas are located on each wing
Rooms are approximately 11' x 16' and furnished with window blinds and fluorescent lighting.
All rooms in Benilde are uncarpeted except for the following: 112, 141, 240 and 241.
- 2 beds with extra-long mattresses
- 2 wardrobes with built-in dresser
- a sink, with vanity underneath and medicine cabinet above
- 2 built-in desks
- 2 desk chairs
- cable and internet hook-up (including access to the SMU wireless network)
Exception to the above
Saint Benilde 241 is a triple room with the following changes to its layout and amenities:
- bedroom 1 – 11' x 16'
- bedroom 2 – 11' x 10'
- private bathroom with shower – 7' x 6'
- 1 built-in wardrobe with additional moveable wardrobes
- moveable beds, dressers and desks