- Skill development in critical thinking, writing, & the analysis & interpretation of qualitative data
- Considerable geographic & chronological breadth in course work
- Small class sizes & personal attention from professors
- Faculty who have work experience in the areas that they teach & spend summers participating in research
- Flexibility, including a language/history substitution option
- A study abroad component during your junior year
- Phi Alpha Theta national honor society & a student-funded historical society
Italy Study Tour
Dr. Richard Tristano, history department, and Preston Lawing, art and design department, accompanied 25 DeLaSalle honors students as they toured Italy for a college-credit class themed around the history, art and theology of Renaissance Italy.
|"The history faculty at Saint Mary's University always made me feel I could accomplish anything. Whether it was deciphering a difficult primary text or writing a 40-page paper, every professor did their part to make sure I had the tools to succeed."|
|Christina Giunta '08
M.A. in Arts & Cultural Managment
Intern with the Minnesota State Arts Board
Volunteer Gallery Assistant, History Center, St. Paul, Minn.
Fill out the History Alumni Questionnaire!
Tycho de Boer, Ph.D.
Chair, History Department
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
700 Terrace Heights #1419
Winona, MN 55987-1399
(800) 635-5987, Ext. 6995