The Lillian Davis Hogan Scholarships are endowed four-year renewable scholarships for bachelor degree-seeking students intending to major in Theatre.
Spring Scholarship Audition Dates:
Saturday and Sunday, February 22 & 23, 2014
Saturday, March 15, 2014
Please call The School of the Arts to schedule an audition - 507 457-1733
All scholarship candidates must:
- complete the standard undergraduate admission process and be accepted to the university.
- participate in an interview with theatre faculty, ideally on the Saint Mary’s campus, or at another designated site.
- include a resume of theatre activities, honors and awards (sample resume - PDF).
- arrange for two letters of recommendation to be sent to the scholarship committee by February 15. One of the letters should be from a theatre teacher or director.
- include a type-written, double spaced essay answering each of the following questions:
- Why do you wish to pursue a Theatre major at Saint Mary’s?
- At this point in time, do you have any career aspirations?
- Reflect on the significance of the theatre experiences noted in your resume of theatre activities.
- In what other extra-curricular activities have you participated?
- If you had to chose a career other than theatre, what would it be and why?
- All s cholarship candidates must also prepare one of the following (follow link below for requirements):
- an audition monologue
- a portfolio representing technical and/or design work
- a theatre-related research paper
Apply for the scholarship online
The theatre scholarship application is part of the regular Saint Mary's application and should be completed at the same time or following application to the university.
SMU is a partner school with GetAcceptd, an online network connecting applicants with performing arts programs. Build your digital portfolio, and save time and money while finding the program that is the best fit for you.
Judy Myers, M.F.A.
Chair, Theatre & Dance Department
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
700 Terrace Heights #1458
Winona, MN 55987-1399
(800) 635-5987, Ext. 6686